School Community Council
Our 2022-2023 School Community Council includes:
Chairperson: Marja Stang
Vice-Chair: Lacey Ellis
Vice-Principal/Secretary: Loni Hollingshead
Members at Large: Carolyn Murphy, Julie Bakke, Hardeep Badyal, Jill Ruep, Courtney Rowley, Allison Elliott, Jessica Kragh
Principal: Cheri Haberstock
Student Members: Kaitlyn Stepp, Danika Ross
Meetings are as listed below on Tuesdays at 7:00 pm. Anyone from our school community is always welcome to attend.
Dates for 2023-2024:
SCC Purpose, Projects and Events:
- Be informed about Spruce Ridge School.
- Support Spruce Ridge School, contribute to the Spruce Ridge School Improvement Plan.
- Host the Back to School BBQ the night before school begins.
- Develop and implement a nutrition policy for our school.
- Welcome new families to our school community.
- Act as a focus group to provide input, discuss, and share programming for our school.
- Organize fundraising events to support a variety of school initiatives and projects (playground equipment, smart boards, special presentations, class trips, etc.). Oversee the spending of all funds raised by the school and SCC.
- Organize special events to develop a sense of community in our school (carnival, winter festival, character education activities, etc.)
- Help out at school events (reading programs, track and field day, hot lunch days, etc.)